Amazing town.

Krakow Travel Blog

This town blew my mind.

I visited Krakow to watch a football match Wisla-APOEL for the Champion's League. Their fans are excellent and I was really excited to be part of that.

After the match, I checked into my hostel and went out for a few drinks with some friends. The nightlife is amazing. And since this is a student town, I guess the nightlife only gets better in September. I visited the Fclub and several small bars near the main square. There are a few tourists there, but mostly locals.

The people are VERY friendly and it is very acceptable to converse, both in the square and in the bars/clubs. The women are extremely beautiful and it is obvious that all are having fun (not everyone speaks english though). If your english is good it is more probable to talk to someone because it Polish people want to practise their English. A good way to meet travellers is to go on the pub crawl, which starts at the Statue with the big head daily at 9 pm @15 Euro.

During the day it is a must to visit the huge square. There are horse carriages that take people around the square and hundreds of small cafes on the sides of the square. Another must is to visit the Auswich concentration camp with one of the tours. I didn't get to do that, but from what I have heard from other travellers, it was a mistake.

Overall It is a VERY pretty city with exciting things to do, both during the day and nighttime. The most impressive thing about Krakow is that it is not yet commercialised a lot. The square has the same architecture and the restaurants and cafes are still family owned. And it is very clean as well.

Krakow