Trees and rocks

Joshua Tree Travel Blog

Me and a Joshua tree

Today was a big improvement on yesterday, hang over gone and ready to explore Joshua Tree National Park. The visitors center in twenty-nine palms was excellent, we only had a day to see as much as possible, thay gave us a map and told us the must sees and off we set!

I loved the trees, and they were everywhere. Other than that there were rocks, again everywhere. What a great place to just play and mess around. There were plenty of other climbing and if I'd have had longer I'd love to have joined them but I settled for just playing.

We walked up to see barker dam were there were lots of funny little squirrel things, the trail is present and easy going which is good in the heat. We sat and had lunch near the Cactus Garden, which is worth a look if your passing.

I'd love to have spent more time here and would like to come back and camp in one of the many campsites

The drive to San Diego was pleasant passing through Palm Springs and a huge amount of wind farms. We found the motel with no problems. It was in the Old town so after checking in we went for a wander round and some dinner.

Catherine hugging a tree
Catherine hugging a tree
playing on rocks
playing on rocks
many cactus or is it cacti?
many cactus or is it cacti?
Joshua Tree