Sin City here we come

Las Vegas Travel Blog

View from the room

We arrived midday at the MGM, after handily dropping off the car to the desk in the lobby we checked in. The room was nice but no strip view so a quick call to reception sorted that out.

After settling in we explored our hotel, I had never been to Vegas so had no idea what to expect. The place was rammed, unknown to us when booking it was Memorial Day! The pool area was very impressive even if it was full of posers. We chilled for a while as there were DJ playing in the Wet Republic area but you could hear their sets from the other pools as well. It was another warm day so when the het got the better of us we headed back into the cool air conditioned MGM. Wandering round the casino I had my first bet on the slots and we looked at the Lions, very random!

Next we walked over the road to look at some other hotels which all have their own little theme.

New York New York, (no explanation needed, I hope) has a small scale Statue of Liberty, Chrysler, Empire State and roller coaster winding through the inside and outside of it. Then onto Excalibur which is castle themed and the Luxor with it's Egyptian theme, I really enjoyed just wandering round.

Having done the top end we strolled further down the strip that night. A few doors down was the M and M store, I didn't realise how much you could link to chocolate, there were four floors to explore. Next was a stop off for a gamble on the slots in Planet Hollywood, a tip to new gamblers, join the players clubs at the hotels, you get free credit on the slots! And then finishing in Paris for a nice meal opposite the Bellagio fountains. A great day!

My first gamble in Vegas
Paris
Bellagio
Bellagio
Las Vegas Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Almost as good as Paris itself!
We ate here on the first night we arrived in Vegas and the food was the best we'd had on the trip so far. We waited a little longer for our table s… read entire review
Las Vegas Hotels & Accommodations review
Great for your first trip to Vegas
We stopped here for 5 nights in May 09 for $98 a night (book direct from the website the rates change daily, so you can grad a bargin if you plan it r… read entire review
Las Vegas