More hotels and President Obama

Las Vegas Travel Blog

My first chip woohoo!

The place had quieted down after Memorial day bank holiday so we took advantage of the quiet pool to get in a bit more sun bathing, couldn't have gone home without a slight tan after being away for nearly a month.

In the afternoon we ventured over to the Mote Carlo for a bit of betting on the Roulette and I won my fist chip, I don't think I had ever been prouder, or it may have been the drink making me feel that way. I was impressed by the 'free' drinks while your betting, worth the small tip you give the waitress for bringing it to you.

Next on was the Bellagio, which was to be my favorite of the hotels, inside is just as impressive as outside.

Gardens in the Bellagio
There is a large flower garden with several water features again all moving in time with music. Also worth a look is the world’s biggest chocolate fountain, although it is safely locked away behind glass.

As we walked to Caesars Palace we noticed several groups of people hanging around. As we got closer you could see they were protesting or supporting someone or something.....President Obama. He was staying in Caesars Palace and beside the protesters were lots of people gathering to see his arrival. Keen to join in we perched ourselves on some grass and waited and waited and waited. No sign, we later found out he'd gone in the back, boo hiss! Although watching the pro and against verbal slagging match was almost worth the wait itself, very funny.

Dinner was at Pampas which is a Brazilian Grill and loving my meat I jumped at the chance, what a disappointment though, great idea but didn't hack it!

Froggy
Froggy
Las Vegas Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Not worth the money
This is a great idea but it was done badly. I am a meat lover and what better than a Brazilian Grill where they bring you several types of meat on … read entire review
Las Vegas