Arrival in LA

Hollywood Travel Blog

Chinese Theatre

Early start with a 5am drive to drop my car at a friend’s for a lift to Heathrow, didn't fancy airport parking fees for a month! Check in and flight were without any drama's. Flew Virgin Atlantic and no complaints there, the food was well, airplane food but edible and the cabin crew pleasant enough.

Set down in LA at 14.50 local time, 22.50 my time. Seen as this was only my second time out of Europe, it took a bit of getting used to having just had a 10 hours flight in what seems to have been 2 and a bit hours. Despite this both of us were surprising chirpy, this was until we had sat in a shared ride bus for three laps of the airport. We had began to think that this would be our whole trip, stuck in LAX! Finally we left the airport and weaved our way to Hollywood.

Our hotel, Saharan Motor Hotel, was allot closer to Hollywood than we thought, an oversight, seen as we thought we were stopping in West Hollywood. Saying that it was superb, location was great, the room clean and had everything you could need.

After a quick clean up, we went to explore. I'm lucky to have been blessed with a good sense of direction and a true to form I found Hollywood Boulevard (literally 2 blocks away!). It seems we couldn’t have picked a better time to view the sights along the walk of fame, hardly another tourist in sight. A quick walk took in the Chinese, Kodak and Egyptian theatres as well as a few must seen stars (of the concrete variety, not human).

On the way back we stopped to stock up our fridge at a conveniently placed supermarket, just before tiredness leapt up on us.

Had to be done really
Had to be done really
Legend!
Legend!
Bigger legend!
Bigger legend!
Random piece of art in the Kodak t…
Random piece of art in the Kodak …
Capitol Records tower