look! is traffic light!

Vientiane Travel Blog

The king of bus and our mini-van :s
After 2 days in beautiful Vang Vieng, we headed to my last stop in Laos Vientiane, the capital of Laos. We weren't so lucky with our choice of transport this time. We booked van tickets from the station that will pick us up at the guest house we were staying in. We had good feeling about taking public transport after the previous 2 experiences, and so we thought this would be ok as well. But nope, unfortunately. The van was late and it was raining and we had to wait with our umbrellas. AFter 20 min of waiting, when we almost concluded we got cheated, the van came. It was a very very old vehicle, old cushion (where you can feel the spring underneath when sit on top) and smell. The van picked 3 of us first then continued on to pick up 4 others.
This was when small people like me got advantage :D The leg room between the seats was really small, but enough for me, I could even stretch a little. But my poor friends, the had to sit up straight just to fit in their leg. And yeah those joining us were unlucky too, coz they took the seats behind ours, which has even little space. Because it was impossible to get 4 people to sit at the back, 2 of them had to sit next to the driver. And the lady sat at the front was driving us crazy, because she kept on complaining to her boyfriend throughout the journey...
'look, is traffic light!' was my first reaction after our van entered Vientiane lol :D After 10 days traveling in Laos, this was the first time we encountered the traffic lights, it was....amazing hahahaha! But nope, not really, few minutes after entering Vientiane, I missed the time we spent in LP, Phonsavan and VV already.
There were so much traffics in the city, so noisy and the fumes from the vehicles were blowing onto our faces :S Where was the fresh clean air? we were so spoiled the last 10 days and I just realized it.
We hadn't booked any accommodation and we figured we could just walk around and look for one when we were there, like we did all this while. But it was a mistake. Vientiane was much bigger and walking around with my 15kg pack under the sun was no joking, not to mention the price of the guesthouse in Vientiane was like triple from other places, we had hard time getting a place to stay. We ended up in a guesthouse listed on the guide. Not the best place, the room was old and you can hear people when they walked pass outside. But it was good price for us.
We were tired and disoriented after the walk, so we just spent the whole afternoon sitting in a cafe, sipping ice-cold blended juice and talking. That's was when I realized I was so so so tanned......

library?