On the bike again

Vang Vieng Travel Blog

big breakfast
Since we were not interested in tubing anymore, we decided to cycling around Vang Vieng. After getting stuck last time in the mud, we thought we probably shouldn't be so ambitious, so we picked the normal bike instead of the mountain bike, just to stroll around on the main streets. It was a hot day, my friend wasn't feeling well because of the heat, and I could feel my skin turning red. Anyway, we still stick with our plan and kept going, like we always do :p
It was really nice to get away from the touristy center. After few kilometers away, we felt like we were in Laos again, instead of some resorts full with tourists. I don't how many time I have say this, but Vang Vieng is really beautiful town. The hills, the rivers and the people. The people especially, they greeted us every time they saw us passed by their houses, they were so friendly.
It was sad to see some of us treated those working in the restaurants, food stalls so badly especially after they were drunk from drinking, really not an excuse of being rude.
We passed by an organic farm and we went in to take a look. It wasn't a big farm, situated next to the river. But they served really good ice blended mulberries juice, tasted like heaven in the hot day :) We also met few people from other countries that volunteer in the farm and had a small chat with them.
I was happy we managed to make it to bamboo bridge before night. The scenery there during dusk was absolutely breath taking. I felt the pictures I took were not able to present its true beauty, but luckily, I was able to capture them with my eyes :)
On the bike