UNESCO World Heritage Site

Luang Prabang Travel Blog

It was a very sunny day..

After getting up in the morning, we decided to move to another guesthouse, because we had enough of the choking sound coming from the toilet. Again, LP came to our resuce. We found a hostel that was recommended by LP, situated nearby the Mekong river. Unfortunately all the rooms were occupied. So we had no choice but went to the one next to it, and hooray!! we got ourselves really pretty rooms, and with only 30 dollar a night, that was incredible. The room was very big,  able to accomodate 3 persons, and a attached bathroom, with refrigerator, and airconditioner.

Secured a roof on top tonight, time for hungry stomach. There were plenty small restaurant nearby the mekong river, and we decided to try one of them. I ordered a fried noodle.

The taste wasn't bad, but seemed like the chef was trying to cook in a way to suit the taste of western travellers, it was fried with tomato sauce. And here was where I discovered my favorite drink, Mango shake. It was so heavenly, incredibly niceeeee, and I had them with my meals throughout my trip in Laos :D

Our plan today was to walk around the town, visited the temples, and the museum. It was so hot that I could feel my skin burning, so we tried to walk under shades. There are lots of temples in Luang Prabang, maybe not that much compare to Chiang Mai, but definitely not difficult for you to discover one when walking along the street. We visited few temples there, which I totally forgot about the names (it was really difficult to remember which one is which one, when you visited 4 temples in a day) The temples in Luang Prabang are slightly different from Thailand. They are smaller, with a lower door entrance, and not always painted in gold color. Monks were every where in the town as well. Almost every men in Lao joins the temple for a short period. I heard from a local that usually men will become monk for a period, before they get married.  (My friend and I found that some of the monks were really cute, though I know we were not supposed to think that way... I am sorry ;)

bernard69 says: