Kouangxi Waterfall

Luang Prabang Travel Blog

Kouangxi Waterfalls located around 30km from Luang Prabang. It was a very beautiful, multi-tier , turquoise blue waterfalls. We took a tuk tuk to the waterfalls in the morning. The tuk tuk driver was very friendly, after sending us to the waterfalls, he said he will wait for us to finish touring around. We rejected because we didn't know how long we were going to spend on the waterfalls. But he told us it would be difficult for us to get a tuk tuk there, so insisted on waiting for us.

We then hiked up to the top of the hill. The trail was very slippery, especially when I was wearing my flipflop. Anyway, I managed to reach the top without breaking my neck :) There were picnic benches, changing rooms along the way.
After the hike, we were so sweaty and the water looked inviting. So we went into the water in the biggest pool, and gosh...the water was so so cold... And to warm up, we decided to dive lol.. not really. there was a tree with a huge branch sticks out to the pool make perfectly a platform to jump into the water. A rope was tied on the tree, so you can catch the rope before jumping down. It was very scary when I stood on top and looking down to the water. I started to doubt if I could do it without getting drown. One by one, my friends jumped down and it was my turn. And guess what, my arms are too short to grab the rope, and I just had to jump into the pool LOL I did it! :D It started to rain again, so instead of going for a walk around the villages, we ended up in a food shack having noodles soup :p
Luang Prabang