Aye

Quito Travel Blog

I went back to my room after blogging yesterday and read more Atwood, and played solitare for an obscene amount of time out on the patio. The sun was so nice compared to home´s temperature. I put sunscreen on but I´m pretty sure it was too late because I have a terrible sore throat now. So, I´m going to go to La Farmacia near by to get some medicine. Also, I need to restock on water. Okay, so one thing I forgot to share with you guys about my hotel is this: they only restock the toilet paper once a week in the hotel. So once you are done with the one you have it sucks. BUT! That one roll policy does get compensated for with...a bitet right next to the regular toilet. So it´s okay. If it resorts to that, I´ll let you know how it goes.
So, I went to Plaza Grande yesterday, which is in the center of the city. I met an old man there and we talked for like fifteen minutes and he invited me to lunch at a nearby cafe. He bought me soup with chicken and rice and wouldn´t let me repay him. We talked for about an hour and I tried hard to converse (he was very patient with my Spanish and talked very slow in simple words) and I taught him a few English words too. So, that was a fun experience. Around four I decided to head back into New Town to my hotel. I picked up a half liter of Coke and ice cream and walked back to my hotel.
I showered in my semi-cold shower (it could be worse) and ate a banana and apple and half a Kinder Bueno for dinner. I conversed with a 21 year old guy from New Jersey in Spanish who is here studying for about a half hour or so. Then I went to my room and looked over my dictionary and started studying verbs again in hopes to get better. We´ll see. I went to bed around 9pm and woke up at 3am to what sounded like a cat attacked by dogs. With my extremely sore throat. and went back to bed around 4am and woke up around 10am. I think I´m going to relax all day and do nothing. Just stick around my neighborhood and read on the patio again. I´ll probably grab an almuerzo (set lunch) for a dollar fifty and head back soon.

I hope all is well at home!

Nicole