And yet another weekend

Bakkum Travel Blog

Empty beach
Basic schools do have a couple of times a year the so called "study-days", as if the other days are not for studying. However, these special days means the children cannot go to school because the teachers have some studying to do - about organization, or new teaching methods, something like that.
Last Friday BJ had one of those off-days, so we took the opportunity to camp for the weekend. The instant we got into the car it started to rain and despite my dislike of going BJ wanted it eagerly, so we went anyway. Luckily the rain did not last long, actually it almost stopped when we arrived at the campground.
The next morning we went to the beach, we had to go in the morning because a cousin would join us in the afternoon.
It was sunny, but because of the low temperature it felt a bit chilly, however it was nice to be there, and the fresh sea air was good for BJ's cold.
A bit more crowded

I actually like the beach better with this weather because there are not that many people around.

In the afternoon cousin arrived, the kids played while I started to made their bed in the little tent. Found out a hedgehog made some kind of den underneath the tent.... All the tentpegs had to be removed, chased away the hedgehog, had to lift the tent to tidy up the spot and flatten it again, then putting all the pegs in again, while I finally could make their bed :D
After dinner and some more playing, running, and a card game by candle light we finally got to sleep.

The next day, after a lazy morning, we went to the beach again, and the kids had lots of fun, digging up the sand and playing with a plastic bag for a kite. (I thought they might be a little too old to play like that, but then... when are you actually too old to play? The adult guy who was getting ready for kite surfing was also having fun like a kid)

Later that afternoon we went back home, but not before we bought a nice ice-cream; looking back on a very nice weekend.

Preparing for kite surfing