The escape

Bakkum Travel Blog

On our way to the beach

We started quite relaxed Friday. I promised to do the shoppings for the party my daughter wanted to have on Saturday, and I still needed to get the beer and the rest of the booze, so I did that in the morning. All fine with me, as long as I didn't have to join that party.
The library mailed yesterday they got my reservation ready,  I was curious how the story would continue so I really wanted to have it, part 2 and 3 series about the Knights Templar in Flanders, but I could not pick it up before 1 PM. That was fine with me, I was in no hurry at all, because we had showers all day, and although I did not get totally soaked it was still pretty wet.

But later that afternoon it seemed there was some sunlight glimpsing through the overcasted sky every now and then, and we loaded our bags in the trunk of the car.

Freshly dropped weeds by the surf
Amazing what one can take when  there is a car with big trunk available :) We set off, and I hardly needed the wipers, the weather was getting better and better.

When we arrived we started with some junkfood, when we were near Castricum I told BJ we might do that, and ofcourse she agreed with the idea. After we had our early dinner it was about 5 PM, so we could take the car to our campingspot, it saved us from carrying all those bags :)
I needed to change the bedsheets, therefor we got that load of luggage ofcourse, put in all the food in the chests, and after playing some card games we got in early, because the next day we would look for shells at the beach.

That next morning, Saturday, after a lazy start and breakfast, we took some plastic bags and walked towards the shore.

Muscle power
Talk about muscle power, the beach was loaded with empty muscle shells, we got ourselves a fair heap of them, all shades of dark blue, purple, black, and a lot of them grown with seapocks. Rinsed them at the campingsite with clear water, now we need to think what creations we can make with them.
By this time the weather had changed complete, the rainshowers of yesterday made place for some very nice sunny summerweather. We adjusted, and got even more lazy. But BJ wanted to have some company so she called a niece to invite her for Sunday. So on Sunday my sister-in-law and her granddaughter came to see us, and stayed for dinner, and the girls had a great time playing together all day.

I liked the easy going and wanted to stay another day or two, but BJ longed for home, so that is what we did, we went home by 9 PM...

Bakkum