A continuing story...

Bakkum Travel Blog

Beach art by the kids
The succeeding year (2002) we went again, husband loooooves campingsites (especially the ones he has been before), and gradually during this season I grew bored again.

Now I think I need to explain something: Camping season starts about April, and ends late September. Camping Bakkum is a typical dutch campingsite, with most of the people camping will do that for the entire season. And with all the common "entertainment" offered (card games, bingo-parties, karaoke nights, all accompanied with lots and lots of beer, not too mention the style of music played, sigh...), which is not actually my piece of cake. Okay, I don't mind camping on a dutch campingsite, but my hubby likes it so much that he wants to go every weekend.
Ain't it cute?
.. And although I can overcome my dislike of the typical dutch camping attitude, every weekend was a bit too much for me.
I hardly spoke anyone anymore at home, a sponteneous barbecue party in our garden did not belong to the possibilities anymore, because we were away in the weekends, and during the Mon-Fri part we always had the swimming lessons twice a week for our kids, at dinnertime. (Our part of the country has too much water, so children need to learn to swim as soon as possible).
Still I liked the area, the peace, the fresh air, the beauty, and the distance from home was not too bad either: it takes less than an hour to get there. A few minutes walking off that campingsite, and the crowd of people was nowhere in sight, nor to be heard.

So, for the year 2003 we agreed on continuing camping at Bakkum, however, I should not feel compelled to go every weekend. It started of well, the kids took some friends with them for a change, but in actual it turned out hubby got the "outdoor-itches" again most of the Fridays, so except for a few visits to relatives in the summer weekends, it resulted we went almost every sunny weekend to Bakkum.

Aint it cute?