Ascension day

Bakkum Travel Blog

Young pine spruces
Always a long weekend, starting at Thursday.
Husband had been camping a few times since mid April, but he did not feel very comfortable all by himself. However I was not too eager to go right away. But when Ascension day was such nice weather I decided I would go. BJ was at my sister's, so it was only the three of us going that day. I prepared an extra dinner the day before which we could take with us, so we were all free to do whatever we wanted. And we wanted to go for some serious hiking. So that is what we did.

The pine trees were loaded with pollen, due to my changing hormon system I got hayfever again, but that is with alder and birch (same family) and fortunately not with pinetrees. I had no trouble at the campingsite, and when in the higher dunes I tested it by taking pictures while shaking the branches to capture the clouds of pollen on a picture, and (knock it on wood) I did not get ill.
Dead bare trees at Doornvlak
These pinetree pollen gives a yellowish patina to everything in the area; years ago when I first saw it I thought someone did some painting with a poisonous color.

We took quite a tour, and when at the Doornvlak we saw a man running towards us. Not a special sight, a lot of people train in the area. But this guy was running right into us, saying: Hello there my music friend! It was a guy we met a couple of years before at the campingsite, and he and husband did some musical composition and arrangements together. He lived in an old part of Amsterdam but moved 2 or 3 years ago to a place close to Bakkum. It was good to see him, because husband did loose his new address, and both us and him changed ISP.
Weide van Brasser (Brasser's pasture) with horses
.. (modern times... LOL).

At that time we were closer to Egmond than to Bakkum, we could see it at the benches, I noticed from this year they are numbered, and the first ones we saw started with the combination of BA (Bakkum), but now we came along ones with EG (Egmond). Conclusion, it was time to head south again, however the only path was going northeast LOL. After maybe 1 km the path turned east, and a little bit later we were at the Staringweg again, which is a paved road from the Bakkum campingsite to Egmond at Sea. So we turned south here, and headed back to our trailer.

It was so nice lazying around there, dinner was already made, so there was not much to be done. I got lazier and lazier, but I had to go home that night because I had to pick up BJ at my sister's. So I asked husband to take care of the precooked dinner, and then Maartje and I set off for home. Husband stayed overnight, and we would go again the next day with BJ.

Dead bare trees at Doornvlak
Weide van Brasser (Brassers pastu…
Weide van Brasser (Brasser's past…
Huis Vogelwater