Tubing Take 2... Ruby's Birthday, My 2nd Camera stops working

Vang Vieng Travel Blog

Lovin' the Mud Bar!

Today is Ruby's Birthday! We had so much fun the first day tubing that we must do it again :)  But today we decide not to buy the tubes, just take the tuk tuk to the 1st bar and steal other peoples tubes like everyone else does...

2nd day was just as fun as the first, we drank just as much, and it was just as hot! We had a great day, bought Ruby alot of birthday shots!

Now you would think that I would be a little bit more cautious since I spent the first day with little water, mostly diet of alcohol, but no I didn't learn.

Now since my professional camera broke the first day, I was glad I still had my old Canon camera.  Even though I did have it in a waterproof bag, I was tempting fate by diving into budpool, playing bud volleyball, an swimming.  At one point while tubing down the river I look at my waterproof bag and see that it is FULL OF WATER! :(

After emptying the water, i see the camera has water on the inside of the screen, i am not an expert but that is not a good sign...  I would say that probably 30% of the cameras that get taken to Tubing never work again haha

Lovin the Mud Bar!