Meetup where... in Bangkok u say?!

Bangkok Travel Blog

me, rose, and bennie at the pool

We began the day enjoying one of the good things about our accomodation, the Rikka Inn... The rooftop pool :)  We had met Rose a little bit earlier in the day, and spent a few hours lounging in the pool, acting silly

Tonight was the planning 'Bangkok Meetup' for Ket, and eventhough we knew the location of where the meetup was to take place, that is ALL we knew.  When the 6 of us, Me, Ruby, Bennie, Rose, Ket, & Renata told the taxi driver where we had to go, to our amazement he told us it was 30 km OUTSIDE OF BANGKOK!!! Really???? You got to be joking...

because of the size of our group we had to take 2 taxis, and thus began the longest taxi ride in history.... ok it sure felt that way lol!  The two taxi drivers stopped a few times to confer about the directions to the restaurant, and both assured us that they knew where they were going but I let actions speak louder than words!  Our taxi driver went past the same point on the highway 3 times before finding this mysterious restaurant.

'Bangkok' Meetup
  Natty, the organizer wasn't exactly helping when asked where the restaurant is she said, 'across from petro station' WOW THAT WAS HELPFUL!!!

We were all abit annoyed that this was called a Bangkok meetup, but we were actually farther away than the city that Rose came from(22km)... Its like saying you are meeting in London but meeting in Brighton!  After paying the impressive taxi cost, we were now free to enjoy our evening.... WAIT! Ruby forgot her camera in the cab! Oh Shit! Thanks to our new friend Rose, we were able to track down the cabbie and get the camera back in Ruby's hands :)

What we also didn't know that our meal was pre-ordered and organized beforehand, we had some green curry, red curry, fish... The food was good, and the atmosphere was pleasant but a bit too formal for me, I just wanted to party haha.  After dinner we made our way back to Khao San Road, tell me why we didn't just get dinner here in the first place?

We continued to have fun and drinks til 3 am... overall a good night!

Kju says:
Thanks ;)
Why everybody forgot me???!!! JC also forget me in his hellkok meet up entry!!!
jefrois says:
fixed lol
Kju says:
Ps you forget me!!!
When the 6 of us, Me, Ruby, Bennie, Ket, & Renata.
Where I am?
Bangkok Meetup
'Bangkok' Meetup
At the Rooftop Bar afterwards
At the Rooftop Bar afterwards
Is that sandwich big enough Ket?
Is that sandwich big enough Ket?
Bennie enjoying his food!
Bennie enjoying his food!
Bangkok