I dont want to cancel my trip!

London Travel Blog

There is exactly 4 months to go until I am due to leave Heathrow and head towards Bangkok. My RTW ticket is booked... I have informed all reletives that i may be dropping in for free accomodation, food and love...my route has been researched and confirmed BUT i have no job to pay for it!!!

I had a job and I used life savings to book my ticket and since recently leaving university I can't get another job! The economic crisis here in the UK is worse than I thought. I am used to walking straight into work and thought, now i have a degree, its sould be easy. I was wrong.

I have applied to 100 jobs in a month and had only 2 interviews. i do have a Saturday job but thats not enough to pay my bills and save for my trip!

My aim is to have another £4,000 by October and unless I get a full time job, it's not going to happen :( I am so worried I am going to have to cancel my trip! When i do triumph and get a job I will be working around 60-70 hours a week to try and reach my target of money! So goodbye sleep and social life.

I am also upset that, even if I do get a job and money I truly will be budgeting and travel 'on a shoestring', this means I may have to cancel my intial route of travel through Thailand>Laos>Vietnam>Cambodia then Malaysia (looks like it will just be Thailand and Malaysia). Luckily I have family in Australia and New Zealand so I will be able to live rent free and put the working Visa to good use.

It's so crap that I've tried to expand my horizons and embark on the adventure of a life time only for my dreams to be CRUSHED!!! FIngers crossed I get a job in the next week (or I win the lottery).

I will leave this as  true cliffhanger...watch this space guys!!!!

ms75 says:
Good luck...I hope to see you in Thailand soon
Posted on: Oct 20, 2009
marix_sublime says:
hope you find one soon becky
Posted on: Jun 17, 2009
dave_cambodia says:
Shit. that really sucks, good luck with finding a job soon! x
Posted on: Jun 03, 2009