Cannot seem to leave Naples

Naples Travel Blog

We were left in Naples for a few days longer than planned. First off we decided that we wouldn't have enough time to go to Sicily so we made the executive decision to forego it. I can only marvel at what we missed out on. Then the next day we missed the last train out of Naples to Rome by minutes.. oops!
We headed back down to Sorrento the next day and took just barely made it to the potty and then ran all the way to the boat that was ready to leave any second. Then men on the boat grabbed our hands and helped us on and we were escorted inside to sit down. We were on the boat about a minute before it took off. We each sit in different rows and watched the water as we were taken to the isle of capri. Once we arrived we found the first boat the would take us to the blue grotto.. only to find out that it was high tide and there was no way we were going to see it. Disappointed we got a boat anyway and got a tour around the island. The captain was a fun man and he made us giggle. We took pictures with him at the end of our tour.
We went and grabbed some lunch. We wanted seafood since we were so close to the water. We maybe should have explored a bit more as we just settled on the first thing we found and there was much much more to see. After our lunch we decided to go to the center and started following the signs. There was trolly but we didn't know it. We walked up and up and up the stairs. Being a smoker and not as in shape as my two friends I took more breaks than they did and eventually told them to go ahead. I finally made it up to the top of the hill as one sweaty mess. I grabbed 3 flavored icees and was a grumpy girl. I didn't even take any pictures because of my hot grumpiness. My friends laugh at me to this day about it. This is when I noticed the trolly and became even less thrilled about the hike. We walked back down the hill and managed to get ourselves lost on the way. We eventually made it down and grabbed the boat back to the mainland.
We stopped for dinner and had our first taste of Lemoncello which I fell in love with. I actually took my friends shot because she thought it was too strong. I thought it was divine! It was at this point we decided to forego Sicily and stay. We headed back to the hotel and spend another night there. The next day we were hit the Amalfi Coast.
supak00 says:
I Luv the grumpy girl story. I was waiting to see if you would include it in your blog. haha
Posted on: Oct 24, 2007