Gorgeoused to tears?

Sorrento Travel Blog

Can one be gorgeoused to tears?  I was thinking that the past few days as we've been exploring the Campania region of southern Italy, starting as we left Naples on our way from Rome, escalating to the discovery that our budget booking is miraculously in this beautiful hotel that is far above our station (featuring a sweeping view of Sorrento from the terrace and -POOL-!!!), and culminating in our trip down to Amalfi today through the tortuously beautiful highway which clings to the sheer limestone cliffs for fear of dropping into the ocean below.  Like jewels amidst precious settings of soaring pockmarked limestone mountains and turquoise tinged bays, the towns of Positano and Amalfi, along with numerous ones in between, glimmer with the character and history borne by the bright and colourful buildings nestled within the mountainsides.  I turned to Jen and said "wow, I think this is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen".  My chest actually hurt.

Tomorrow we plan to visit Pompei and Mt. Vesuvius: the town buried by ash and the volcano that buried it.  After that a rest and laundry day before heading back to the mean streets of Rome to (hopefully) catch our flight for Athens and onwards to the Greek islands.  I'll post some pictures when I get them.
Sorrento