My mates like Zwyiec a lot

Wroclaw Travel Blog

Famous Wroclaw sculptures
I arrived at the airport just an hour before departure and online check-in is a lie! Ryanair said online check-in can reduce the time of queuing and can be at the airport half an hour before take off. Well that is a complete lie! Imagine if everything pre-booked and pre-registered or pre-check in, if all people doing the same, the other end must be congested because people are after the same thing and they are after the same plane in this case. There’s no such thing as MINIMIZING QUEUING BY ON-LINE CHECK IN. It makes me thinking I better not check in online since the more people made it online the lesser the people need to queue at airport check-in hence it will be faster for me. Same goes with priority boarding that gives them to board firstly but when the boarding opens to regular passengers, they run passing the last group of priority list.
Wroclaw main square - NICE AND INTERESTING FACADE
Myself includes in this regular passengers lol. Then I got to choose the best seat.LOL

Touched down at Wroclaw airport at 8.55 am. The airport was small, sort of regional airport within a country. Spent couple of hours in the town center before my friend picked me up to his place. If I arrived a week earlier the trip would have been more enjoy-full because it was raining and cold the whole time I was there and I didn’t bring any warm jacket. I didn’t blame the weatherman as I didn’t watch the forecast either. I thought it would be sufficient in bringing normal long sleeve t-shirts during summer. Before arriving at Marcin’s place we stopped by at this shopping complex to get something for our dinner.
Wroclaw's famous sculptures
He parked his car on the multilevel parking above the shopping complex and I could see pretty much an aerial view of Wroclaw but on the least good spot. His apartment was on top floor of 6 storey apartment complex about 20 minutes driving from town center. He was staying with his twin brother and we went out on numerous nights out when they were in Dublin. They only have 2 single beds so it was a very good of him to get inflatable mattress. BUT he didn’t get the pump because he honestly thought that we could take turns to blow the mattress using our own breath LOL. I said are you joking? It would take us forever. That was one funny story to tell. He did try blowing it up when he realized it wouldn’t work. Luckily his brother was in town so he called him to buy the pump.
Wroclaw main square- UNIQUE FACADES
When the mattress inflated I sat on it and mingled about the flight I had to Wroclaw. I was the last group to board the plane and most seats were taken. I grabbed the first available that I could reach which was a middle seat sandwiched with these two HUGE Polish guy. They were hogging the armrest the entire flight and I was just sitting quietly in the middle realizing our physical differences. And I smelled farting two time! Marcin and Marcek laughed out loud when they hear the story and they asked if those two guys were bald. I said one of them was, then they laughed even more. They knew that was typical Polish guy. Ninety percent of the passengers were Polish and it was normal as Polish are the majority of EU citizen in Ireland.

After having our small bites we were getting ready to go out and another lad coming along.
Colourful bricks
He drove us to town and we were searching for a nice restaurant to have our proper dinner before a clubbing session. I wanted to have traditional Polish meal but it was kind difficult to find any. When I was sharing with Polish roommate, I had a taste of Pierogi and I liked it. It is an important Polish dish. Never mind because I still have another 2 days that I could find them in Krakow. We ended up at this middle east restaurant called SPINX so I had hot kebab meal. It was very tasty and I am fond to hot dishes. A pleasant dinner for four of us.

I'm not really a party animal but once in a while like to see the crowd and enjoying the fast adrenaline tune.Most nightclubs start early and finish early in Poland. By 2 am normally people are queuing to get out not to get in.
Wroclaw main square
We went to IN GUSTO nightclub and it was close to main Square. There was another nightclub next to it on the basement. I was into techno/house kind of music but Marcin told me it’s full of teenage asshole. Smoking still permitted in enclosed public place in Poland not like in Ireland. I don’t drink so smoking was the only way to indulge myself. But smoking inside nightclub was terribly stinks as the smoke stuck to our garments. Inside we met other regular and familiar faces as it was their regular hangout. We left the night club around half 12 am. We didn’t called it a night because at home Marcek became the new DJ as he had cool collections of euro techno/house anthem. That was awesome and hilarious a he same time because to be honest it was better than inside the nightclub LOL.

Before we went to bed I made a pact that they should come visit my country in 5 years or even 10 years time. Well if they come in 10 years from now it will be pure leisure treatment because I will have my own resort or chalet by then lol. That is my venture to have my own holiday resort in secluded tropical island. But at the end they promised to come in 2 years time and that would be great.
ana_pt says:
Hello, good to read your blog, it gave me an idea about Wroclaw n what to do there. I would like to know if r there any nice museums to go to. Can you help me?
Thanks,
Ana
Posted on: Mar 28, 2011
azianelias68 says:
Hoye! Hoye!...of course...Tapi any dream can come true kan.
Posted on: Jun 15, 2009
herman_munster says:
haha, that's just my long goal, may happened when I'm old LOL. That time you can come for free ! my treat :)
Posted on: Jun 15, 2009
Famous Wroclaw sculptures
Wroclaw main square - NICE AND INT…
Wroclaw main square - NICE AND IN…
Wroclaws famous sculptures
Marcin and Marcek
Marcin and Marcek
Donder
Donder
Err I dont know whats this but I …
Err I dont know what's this but I…
photo by: EmyG