A Romance with Nature

Phuket Travel Blog

I went to Phuket with a broken heart. I was supposed to visit the place with my ex-boyfriend, but we broke up just in time not to make it there together. Grabbed a buddy at the last minute, and to my surprise, I had 4 solid days of fun, heavenly lazing, and misadventures =)

I was never a fan of Phuket. I always thought it was too touristy. Thank God I booked a nice resort just around Karon beach, and it was great. I stayed at the Access Pool Resort and Spa. Every of the 80 rooms had a direct access to the swimming pool via the balcony, and it was heaven to wake up in the morning and to just head beside the pool and enjoy the warm sunshine.

In the afternoons, we would go to the beach. The sun and sea would sweep all problems away.

Looking at the vasity of the ocean, I often wonder how tiny my problem is as compared to the infinity of this world? It feels much better after. Taking a break and staring at the little flowers blooming on the sides of the beach, I thank God for nature and its beauty. Ain't I an easy person to amuse?

Dinner's always great. I love the mango and sticky rice that they sell on the streets. I love the over-priced but delicious seafood in Patong. I love the life bands that perform in the string of bars. Althought the ladyboys aren't that funny after all. It's strange how I get disheartened by men each time I visit Thailand haha...

The only serious thought I had for the 4 days was probably the impact of the sex trade on the Thai economy.

Why is it that prostitution constitutes to a large percentile of income of the tourism industry? I hate the degrading of women. Anyone could imagine how sex feels without a true connection. I will continue to ponder.

Transportation's too expensive in Phuket. It is probably 60 percent more expensive than Bangkok. We rented a car. Got conned and forced to pay 5000 baht for a scratch. Got a bad flight delay of 6 hours and ended up almost missing the plane to Kuala Lumpur. I have been too lazy to lodge that complaint against Jetstar. I lost my civilisation running from terminal to terminal in the Singapore airport. I had to cut the taxi queue and captured strange stares.

Overall, it was an activity-filled 4 days. For nature, its great.. I would return.. For that mango and sticky rice. =)

CrazyLisa says: