Plans ruined by blisters!

Oxford Travel Blog

I had arranged another 7am wake up call, but unfortunately I was in no condition to get up so early thanks to the person staying in the room above me, who was stamping about on the creaky floor on the hour every hour through the night! I was quite tired when I got the wake up call, so decided to rest for another couple of hours. I then got up and my feet were absolutely killing me (blisters), so I decided that a trip into town and back would not be on the cards! It was disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing more of the place, but what can one do?

Instead I packed and was out just in time for the 11am check out. My bus back to London Gatwick was scheduled for 12.15pm, so I decided to stroll (very slowly thanks to my feet) to Gloucester Green from the hotel rather than get a cab. Having luggage made sure the walk wasn't as pleasant as it would usually have been. When I was getting near to the bus station, I had some time to spare so I stopped into a cafe (more of a breakfast diner really) where I got a sausage and bacon baguette, which went down well! I didn't take notice of the name of the place, sorry!

I got onto the bus and despite leaving late, we arrived earlier than expected! My trip to Oxford was good, and hopefully I'll be going back there some day soon!
Oxford