The Trip Home

Philadelphia Travel Blog

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you! Our flight to PHL was to leave at 9:53 with a connection in DFW. I woke at about 3:15 worrying about the fact that I hadn't re-confirmed. Now, I almost never re-confirm so this was stupid and I kept telling myself to go to sleep but couldn't shake the bad vibes so I relented and retreated with my cell phone to the bathroom where I could call American without waking Lin. Good call!!! I learned that our flight to DFW was delayed and we’d miss the connection. When I said I'd be happy to go earlierthe agent offered two alternatives and I chose the earlier; leaving at 7:40. The agent was more helpful than any I've ever experienced but was unable to give seat assignments. I reset the alarm and called the front desk to change the wakeup. Unfortunately, that woke Linda up. We tried to go back to sleep but eventually gave it up as a lost cause and got up and headed to the airport to try to get decent seats. As it happened, we got exit rows on both legs. Both flights were uneventful; we got to PHL on time, got the bags surprisingly quickly and found the hotel shuttle outside just as we got there. We were in the car by 4:30 and at the Club for dinner before 6:45. As always, the trip was fun but it’s always great to be home!
photo by: Ann_Hells