Last Day in NM

Albuquerque Travel Blog

Last full day. Having driven so much yesterday, we agreed to take it easy for our last day. After breakfast at Jimmy's, we drove to Old Town primarily just to browse but we still needed something for Noah and Lin really wanted another plate to balance the one we'd bought in Taos. We got something for Noah but struck out on the plate. We talked about having lunch in Old Town but neither of us was very hungry and Lin felt lousy from allergies. Everyone says this is terrible allergy season here and pollen can be seen as green powder on the ground! Of course, there's no rain to wash it away or to cleanse the air. Lin wanted to see Nob Hill so we drove up there but were unimpressed. We had a very pleasant lunch at Chama River Brewing Company. We still weren't too hungry so Lin ordered a cup of soup and I a plate of nachos but the nacho plate was huge!

Back at the hotel, I naturally headed for the pool while Lin headed for bed. I gave up on the pool a bit after 5. When I got to the room, Lin had just finished packing and I did the same.

Dinner was at Café Miche. I had duck while Lin had salmon encrusted with, of all things, tea! Both were excellent. It was a fine dinner on which to end the trip.

Albuquerque