What's the deal with Hammamet

Hammamet Travel Blog

Hammamet Hammamet Hammamet, from the tunisians to the tourist that's all I hear...ahhhh Hammamet. So now I have been there 3 different times. Once to check it out, once to go to the beach and once to stay the weekend in a hotel. Unfortunately I still ask myself, what's the deal with Hammamet. Yes you have nice hotels, its surrounded by the beach, discos, restuarants and thousands and thousands of tourist. I found the food to be overpriced, the water not great at the beach (and if ur not with a hotel, 6 dinar for a lounge a person), travel in and out of Hammamet backed up, and items in the souk..definately overpriced. So maybe its the nightclubs that draws the people as that is the only thing I havent ventured into. Hammamet is divided into 2 parts...Hammamet and Yasmine Hammamet. In which if I had to pick one, Yasmine Hammamet.

Brief History: Hammamet was the first tourist destination in Tunisia. The population is anywhere between 20,000 and 70,000 and quadruples during the summer because of tourist. If you are lucky, it is reported that the president of Tunisia vacations there. Yasmine Hammamet is a newer tourist development which got its name from the Jasmine flower in the area. You will find lots of souviners made of Jasmine. Carthage Land is located in Yasmine Hammamet. www.carthageland.com   Hammamet is approximately 60 miles from the Tunis airport.

See my review for Imperial Palace, Yasmine Hammamet

misstravel89 says:
i think its different when u live in tunisia then as a tourist yes. I love hammamet, but i dont live there. If i would move to Tunisia, I think I prefer to stay somewhere close to tunis yes.
Posted on: Oct 18, 2009