My Marriage in Tunisia

Megrine Travel Blog

happily married now
Alhamdulah Im married!!! I have to say it wasnt so easy. Coming from America (Iowa) you need your photo ID and $30. Even if one person is from another country. Wish I could have said the same thing for here in Tunisia. What we thought would be a simple process...haaaa haaaa haaa. My suggestion to anyone marrying here, do so in Tunis. I found that the smaller cities around Tunis dont understand american paperwork. (That was a jab at the municipality of EzZahara, stupid stupid stupid) Its also quite funny how everyone has an answer on what you need and dont need to marry here. Which again, they really didnt know what they were talking about. So, after having every english document translated to french, 4 trips to the american embassy (I must say everyone there from the guards to the consulate was wonderful,thank you thank you!), visiting 2 doctors, my blood taken, getting a translater(required cause I dont speak french) they finally said we could marry on July 28th. We were told that was the only day unless we wanted to wait until August. After everything we had been through for 1 month and now we get a date...July 28th....I actually had to laugh. Out of all the dates there are, this day, July 28th is my husbands birthday. LOL, I told him he had no reason to ever forget our anniversary. :) sorry honey....
nanie05 says:
Congratulations!! I'm sorry I missed this blog earlier! Happiness to the both of you always!!
Posted on: Jan 02, 2010
cneoridium says:
Congradulations! Sorry, didn't see your post earlier... I'm glad you made it through all of the government hoops!
Posted on: Oct 09, 2009
sarahsan says:
The warmest congratulations from Norway!
Posted on: Sep 26, 2009