EuropeItalyRome

Off we go...

Rome Travel Blog

Leaving school

The count down had begun long before this, but today was the day: the 4th and 5th grade students Gymnasium at Zandvliet College, The Hague are off to Italy! And I am one of the 'tour guides', together with Johan and Josefien. Since I am the teacher Greek and Latin, the task of organising this trip was entirely on me (well with some help of my fellow teacher Judith, who couldn't come because of the baby, and tour operator Labrys).

We started at school, at 11.00 o'clock; the students recieved their goody bag: a button, neck wallet, bagage label and a map of Rome. And of course some last instructions...and then we were off, finally! We went by bus to Düsseldorf Airport, from where we took an AirBerlin flight to Rome...so far everything went smooth: no delays, no turbulence.

At Rome Fiumicino Airport we had to find a bus...we searched high and low, but no bus to be found...it turned out the bus had a different sign behind the wind shield than what was said to us...but he, it's Italy, so don't worry!

The hotel, Luciani, was reasonable: Josefien and I shared a small room: just big enough for 2 beds and a desk, and barely space for opening our suitcases. The shower could be used by 2 persons: 1 in, 1 out, considering the amount of spattering!

After a quick fresh up we went to eat a nearby restaurant, and after that a nice walk to the Trevi Fountain. It's beautiful by night, but sort of ugly by day...but throwing in coins works for me: this was my 3rd time returning to Rome.

luggage
trevi fountain
trevi fountain
Rome Hotels & Accommodations review
Central and okay
I stayed in this hotel with a group of students. The big plus about this hotel is its location: just minutes walk from Stazione Termini. The hotel is… read entire review
Rome