Day 1 - Tondano Lake

Manado Travel Blog

mystery line, no one knows what 'Sitou Timou Tumou Tou' means..
The Flight
was quite early, it was on 9 AM, means I have to leave home 6.30 on Friday. I was the last to arrive, join these people at the meeting point. I knew none of em but it seems some of them know each other already. Thank god there's another person from sister company of mine which soon feels like my own sister. Hahaha. Amazing what a trip can make you be. So, briefly I introduced myself and found out there will be 5 of us ladies which are myself, Mbak Ike (the one from sister company), Mbak Irinda, Mbak Acu, and Irma. Why did I use the term 'Mbak' (means older sister) for them? Cos apparently I was the youngest one in the group. And the other are the guys; Pak Gun, Mas Doddy, Donny, and Rommy. When we're boarding I just found out that it will take like 4 hours to reach Manado and the flight wil stop by at Makassar first.
Jeez, this one's officially my longest flight ever.
Arrival
By 4 hours trip we should be arrived in Manado at 1 PM, but there's an hour time difference between Manado and Jakarta so it's already 2 PM and we haven't got proper lunch yet. After took a picture under the "Sitou Tumou Timou Tou" which none of us got any idea what it's trying to say, we hopped on to the cars which were waiting for us. and heading to Lake Tondano for late lunch slash early dinner. It took one and half an hour drive from the airport, which located a little bit outside of Manado City to reach Tondano Lake. Every hundred meters we can find churches here, since majority of the population is Christian. I found it as such a rare condition in Indonesia as one of the biggest moslem country in the world.
".
.in north central Indonesia, on the northernmost tip of the island of Sulawesi (Celebes), on the Minahasa Peninsula. The lake is 14km long and nearly 6 km wide. It rests on a plateau 600m above sea level in a valley between the Lambean Mountains and paddy fields"(http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761583430/lake_tondano.html)
We stopped by in Yesus Memberkati (Jesus Blessing) Monument to take pictures. It such an irony for me since I've skipped so many weeks without attending services at church and now I met him hundreds kilometres away from home. Seems like He's trying to say something to me..mmh. I promise I'll go to church after this.
We drove up to the mountains. Very beautiful views along the way, at some point we can see the sea, we even passed the grave of Imam Bonjol, one of our national hero.
When we reach the other part of the mountain we found small but no less beautiful city of Tomohon, and not far from there we got wide prairies with Lake Tondano as background. Traditional Minahasa houses are everywhere in sight, they're made from wood (mostly) and some of them designed to be portable. How come a house become portable??!. What really amuse me were all the countryside view, with horses on the prairie, ducks lined up, flowers paddy fields, all of em! It just seemed so peaceful then I know I fell in love with that exact spot.
Then we arrived at a restaurant named Tumou Tou (still, we don't know what it means). Suffered from hunger and exhausted we still have to wait a while for the food to be prepared. Then we noticed the restaurant actually stand above the lake with decoration mostly dominated by bamboos. The menus are seafood a la Minahasa, many of em I never tried before (and forgot the name..hahaha). Well you guys can see them the pictures, anyway.

mystery line, no one knows what S…
mystery line, no one knows what '…
Finally meet Him in person
Finally meet Him in person
Lake Tondano
somewhere, over the rainbow..
somewhere, over the rainbow..
Sedona Hotel, Manado