Third day: rainy...

New York Travel Blog

Got up at 7am. Waited until the rushhour was over and took the subway southbound to Staten Island Ferry. Dispite the rainy and clousy wheather I decided to take the ferry to Staten Island and take some pictures of the Statue of Liberty and foggy Manhattan. The ferry is free and it'll bring you in half an hour to Staten Island. You're free to move up and down the ship. TIP: you can also go down to the bike and car deck (floor level) You can take very good pictures at the front or back of the boat.
There're all kind of things you can do on Staten Island. Some old towncenter. I decided not to go there. I walked around the port area. It was very nice being out of the crowd. After that, I took the ferry back to Manhattan. and decided to visit 'Body's the Exhibition' which was in New York (southport) at the time I was there.

It's nice to walk up on Brooklyn Bridge to Brooklyn. I did so, had lunch in Brooklyn and walked back to Manhattan. If you're disabled in some kind of way and you can't make the return trip. You should go to Brooklyn by subway and get off at the first stop. The view towards Manhattan is better than the view towards Brooklyn.