Friday: fourth day... Shopping!

New York Travel Blog

Grand Central Station
Forcast for todays wheather: cloudy, rainy, foggy (everything you don't want to have when walking around downtown). Time to shop! I red in a guide about Niketown. I took the subway to57th street between 5th ave and Madison ave. It really is a high tech shop with glass tubes 'serving' the upper floors with goods. They've got EVERTHING of their brand for different sports. And a reasonable priced! I went up to third floor to their running section and bought shorts and a shirt. The guide also said Grand Central Station is worth a visit. Since I only saw it on the movie Madagascar (in the scene the animals try to travel out of NYC (when Alex gets his butt slammed by on old lady)). It's BIG! That station makes every station in The Netherlands look like a local busstop. And everything was nice and clean.

Afterwards I went to Chinatown and to Little Italy. Really strange. I started at a China looking street with all kinds of markets. Mostly fish, but also all kinds of Chinese products. You walk around the corner and...

...You're in Italy. The street is completely changed and has in stead of markets, teracces on de sidewalks. This happens another four times. I think this was one of the most fun things in  New York. It's just a little detail, but that makes it special.