Day 112, time to go home?

Surat Thani Travel Blog

Ko Phangan was beautiful, I can see why people stay for so long, three weeks for me, and I could stay longer, but it's time to go home, the money is all gone, 16 weeks thought.  I have so many memories.  Surat Thani is not really a place that you want to stop in Thailand, but this actually the third time I have been here, sitting, doing nothing but looking at my bus ticket (actually this is the first time I've had a bus ticket).  First time changing buses from Bangkok to Phuket, second time coming from Singapore, KL, and Hat Yai to change buses to the ferry terminal to Ko Samui, Ko Phangan, and Ko Tao, and now again heading back to Bangkok.  I wonder how much the tourists waiting around doing nothing helps the local economy?  The local people here don't seem to be very interested in the tourist.  There aren't a lot of people wandering the streets try to sell anything, I haven't seen any bars with ladies beckoning every passer by to come in, hearing "Hello, Where you go?" every other minute is getting a little old.  I guess this is a nice little town where people just go about there life.  Maybe this is the part of Thailand that I should be exploring if I want to see what most Thai people are like.

Surat Thani