Quite a surprise!

San Juan Teotihuacan Travel Blog

Me in front of the sun pyramid

I remember that when I went on this trip to Mexico City (my second, I believe) I wasn't  so thrilled about visiting Teotihuacán for some reason. I can't believe why! I remember that as soon as we got there I was blown away. So different from everything I had seen before! We took a small tour organized by a hostel by the Cathedral. The group was composed by two ladies from Quebec, and two couples, one from England and the other from Netherlands. Eveyrbody was very nice, but we were by far the most talkative of the group, lol. We put some latin spice to it I guess.

We walked around the pyramids and climbed both the pyramid of the Sun and the pyramid of the Moon. I remember that Geddy Lee from Rush was there on the site as well. I approached to him and said hi, he was walking with his wife and a few friends. Unfortunately I didn't have the camera with me at that moment, as my friend went inside one of the pyramids and I didn't want to lose time getting the camera before Geddy Lee would pass by. He's the first and only celebrity I've met from so close, lol. Later I found Rush would make a concert in Mexico City that night, so I had to cancel a colonial mexican music concert I was going to attend with my friend. He was a bit mad, he said "there you go with your hippy communism-lovers". Lol. The concert was really cool.

Love that T-shirt lol