Triglav National Park

Triglav Travel Blog

The Triglav National Park is simply breathtaking. The Soce River, with it's amazingly emerald waters, is ideal for watersports and we took advantage of this with a spot of white water rafting. A really fun day out, and we were well looked after by our guide, especially when one of our crew took a tumble out of the boat in the middle of a particularly rocky set of rapids!!! Makes the trip all the more exciting, at least for those still in the raft!!

We went hiking around some of the more picturesque mountains, and even took a swim in one of the waterfalls, Slap Kocjak. The water was chilled, but the experience was fantastic! The sheer power of the water falling can really be felt when you try to get close to it. A lot of our fellow tourists stood by the side and laughed at the obviously looney youngsters swimming, and I got a taste of movie stardom when they started taking pictures of us getting out of the water, complete with cold-reddened skin!

Driving through the dramatic mountain scenery was great too, and we even had a special treat - a bit of toboganning near the top of one of the passes where snow was still piled deep (amazing in the sunny weather). I'm proud to say that I was declared "fastest slider", though it also meant I was the most wet, dishevelled and bruised by the end of it (also, my speed was mostly due to my inability to at all control in any way shape or form my tobogan).

I can't wait to try canyoning next time!
Triglav