Short trip to the city of my origins

Parral Travel Blog

The Alvarado Palace

Me and my friend had to go to Juarez to apply for the US Visa. We were in Chihuahua City and he had forgotten some documents in his hometown Parral. Parral is also the city where my dad was born, so I have some relation to it. Parral is one of the oldest cities in the state of Chihuahua, and was very important in its time for its mining activities. It later got sentimental importance, as Pancho Villa, the hero of the mexican revolution, was killed there.

So, that morning, we started driving from Chihuahua around 6 AM. I was a fast driver back then, so we got to Parral in about two hours, lol. Crazy. We had lunch at Parral's Technological Institute, and then walked a few of the downtown streets. I had a lot of memories from the last time I had been there, maybe when I was like 10 years old or so.

A statue downtown
I have been very few times to Parral, but this city always have dear feelings to me, as this is where my dad came from.

The architecture of the city is quite interesting, it is Chihuahua's most baroque city. It is of course, not close to Zacatecas or Guanajuato in splendor and beauty, but this is as much as you can get in the barbaric territories of the mexican north. The weather is also very benign compared to the rest of the state. Winters a bit cold, but Summer not as hot.

After that I had to drive all the way up to Juarez, as my friend couldn't drive. When we got to the hotel I threw myself on the bed and fell asleep immediatly. It was my first time driving all that much. 8 hours in one single day.

Cathedral