Many unique impressions

London Travel Blog

The Tower of London

On this windy morning the first highlight was the wonderful Tower of London, which is definitely an architectural pearl. This gorgeous building represents some typical details that belong to the Gothic style of architecture as high towers, small windows and pretty ornaments.

Besides we liked the eye-catching crown jewellery that we’re able to look at for a tiny moment because you’re not allowed to stay too long in front of the showcase - just enough time to catch a glimpse (anyway, better than nothing).

Then our sightseeing tour brought us to the imposing Big Ben and the famous Westminster Abby. Furthermore we walked around Piccadilly Circus and got an idea of the daily hustle and bustle that was more than just a small tumult.

Do I have to mention that the dinner had been extremely rich and typical British once more? The treat I liked the best was the dessert in form of an ice-cream, which was much sweeter than I’m used to, but at least my sweet tooth was pleased.

bernard69 says:
I agree!
Posted on: Aug 14, 2009
row-zzzzz says:
Love how you talk in the blog ... I feel I'm there!!
Posted on: Aug 14, 2009
The Tower of London
The Tower of London & The Tower Br…
The Tower of London & The Tower B…
The Tower Bridge
The Tower Bridge
London Sights & Attractions review
Stepping back in time
The Tower of London close by the River Thames belongs to the most famous buildings in London, no doubt! It's a significant component of this capital c… read entire review
photo by: ulysses