Silver Lake, Gull Lake, and June Lake

June Lake Travel Blog

This has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world!  This was where Mom, Grandma, and I would go for a week or so and go fishing..just us girls.  That is one of my favorite childhood memories....we would spend the days fishing and somehow I would get stuck helping Gram clean the fish while Mom was pretending to start cooking.  LOL.  Surprising I ever ate seafood after watching that!  I remember our last trip there was when Richard Ramirez, the Night Stalker, was on the loose and not too far from our area.  We were a bit freaked out since one of our windows did not lock!

I was so excited to show this area to Brett since he had never seen this part of California.  And with the snow capped mountains, you could not have asked for a more perfect day! As we drove the June Lake loop, we first saw Silver Lake which was much prettier than I remember.  I think we used to just drive by or perhaps we drove in through the other side of the loop and never saw Silver Lake. In any case, we pulled over and took a few pictures before heading on by Gull Lake, and finally around to June Lake.

Brett thinks Silver Lake is prettier than June Lake and I can see striking differences between the two, but it's hard for me to really pick which one is prettier.  I really hope we can hit June Lake again when I am back in the States...such a beautiful area!

June Lake