Monterey and the Aquarium

Monterey Travel Blog

I was excited! My first time at the Monterey Aquarium!  I had been wanting to go for years but never been.  We got up early and checked out of our hotel (which we didn't get to use any of the amenities, but oh well) and headed on our way to the aquarium.  As we arrived, I got a text message from Eric (TB founder) that he would be able to meet us in Santa Cruz and picked a place that had the Laker game on.  Sweet! Knowing that we for sure were meeting Eric at a certain time, we had to get through the aquarium at a decent pace, not my usual stop at each exhibit for an hour or two! LOL.

The aquarium was pretty busy with lots of tour groups but we managed to get in around everything we wanted to see. I found myself fascinated with several exhibits so I snapped quite a few photos of the animals/sealife so I apologize for 50 penguin photos, etc! LOL.  :D

I would love to go back to the aquarium and just spend all day at a couple exhibits, especially the penguins and otters!  I wish there was a way to see them over top of the glass as it would have made for much better photos.  Guess I need to hit Sea World!! :-)

What a wonderful day and way to start winding down our California road trip before I venture off to Taiwan for a year or two!

photo by: ccjbeachbum