Day 2 Cebu

Cebu Travel Blog

Day two was pretty much the more of the same. Taking in the city, going through different ares. I was also on the lookout for a condo too. We went to several sites and got literature on upcoming developments. I am looking for a possible investment with retirement benefits as-well. So after a morning of bouncing around, we went to check the scene at Ayala Mall. Large and full of shops, I still couldn't find a place to buy trinkets. I was going to get a t-shirt, but few of the locals are my size (XXL), so I went without. We caught lunch at Gilligan's, a nice little seafood style restraurant that had a San Miguel Pilsners special 4 for 100 pesos ($2). A calimari appetizer and a bangas each served as our meal. The rest of the day slipped by; siesta, walking, massage, dinner. The highlight of the day was meeting the owner of Nature Spa, Maria Victoria or Mavz as everyone seems to call her. She seems to be a very nice woman and made us feel welcome. Tommorrow we would do a little sightseeing. No rush.
cebu726 says:
Hi lonlee2,

i read through ur blog entries of ur cebu visit and i was pleased to know that u enjoy it. yes, it's quite cheap to live here in cebu. ur one dollar stretches long enough to give u a complete filling meal, a modest meal that is. there r lots of foreigner retirees living here in cebu. they find it very cheap to live here and u found it true enough when u visited here last year. yes, there's a law just recently enacted in congress that give benefits to foreigners who choose to retire and live the rest of their life here in the philippines. have u found and bought a property already? if not yet, i can help u on that. i'm a licensed real estate agent and i offer u my service to find a good investment, be it a condotel unit or a pure condo residential unit or a subdivision house & lot. thanks and have a good day!

Posted on: Aug 07, 2010