Atleast We're In The Philippines

Manila Travel Blog

After arriving in Manilla, we made our way through the International terminal. I was kind of surprised by the free-form line at Customs we went through to enter the country. It took a while but we managed to get through. I asked the young lady working the information desk how far it was to the hotel and through the window she pointed it out. Now being as big as a bear, I don't think much about my personal safety when traveling too much. A fault in my "wiring" for sure. I keep my eyes open and avoid problems as I see them.  Though an easy walk from the International Terminal, be advised you will get swamped by kids looking for change (not for the faint of heart) and come-ons from the working girls. Mind you, the hotel is only a block away! Now it's not the Ritz, but it suited our needs just fine. For its location and price ($50 USD) not a bad deal in my book. Rey and I  split the cost, so even cheaper then we had hoped. It was clean and had two twin beds. There was even a KFC on the corner of the hotel!  What more do you need? After a quick shower, it was sack time. So ended my first day of travel and first few hours in the Philippines. What adventures would tommorrow bring???

Manila