Arrive Tokyo

Tokyo Travel Blog

Instead I awoke to three more hours of air travel! I watched a few sitcoms, had breakfast, then came the announcement that changed our plans. Seems this whole "Swine Flu" thing is taken VERY serious by the Japanese goverment. We were told that health officials would board or plane upon landing and would conduct a health survey of each and every one of us before we would be allowed to get off the plane. There goes our connect time! We had to fill out a health information form, discribing how we felt physically, if we had come in contact with swine (no really) and where we had traveled recently. All-in-all it took a little over an hour to get secured, then they had to scan us with a tempature monitor to see if we were running fevers!!! By the time we got off the plane we had about 30 minutes to make our connection. We located our gate, zipped through the terminal, boarded the terminal train then tried to get through security. I was through and Rey was on his way, when he was told he had to go back to the counter. AUK! So I came back through, we went to the counter and were immediately told we needed to go through security to make or connection. We need not have come back through!!! The security guy offered his appologies and we headed for our gate.... where we saw our plane pushing off the gate. Crud. Sooo, we went back through security, to the non-rev (employee line) and secured new onward tickets. Unfortunately we would NOT be making it into Cebu that evening. There is only ONE direct flight on Sunday that we can take, so we wound up going to Manila and overnighting there. Where we would catch a flight to Cebu in the morning, availablity not with standing. Fortunately with our new found down time I was able to get a room online at the Manila Airport Hotel.
photo by: maka77