Fantails Tiny Paradise

Levin Travel Blog

This is where I got to live for a week, gypsy style!

So my new WWOOF host is basically the mom everybody wants. Bubbly, happy, and from Yorkshire (so the perfect brit accent) she gives me hot water bottles to go to bed with. Seriously. And I am sleeping in my zany-est accomodation yet. The house truck (pictures forthcoming). Covered in paintings of natural settings in New Zealand on one side, and all english scenes painted on the other side. Its a big wood building built on the back of a 1960's type deisel truck. Its mad, complete with stain glass windows. Really makes me feel like a gypsy which suits me just fine.

Today I went to RJ's Licorice factory and bought a crapload of licorice products to send back to my boss for his sampling pleasure. Cost me $10. Then I sent it. Cost me $35. Stupid being in the southern hemisphere. You should have seen the mail lady's eyes bugg when I said I was sending a package to canada. Kinda funny. No more presents for them!

I also saw Lake Horowhenua, really pretty with lots of birds. White heron, Little Shag, black shag, black swans, dabchicks, the regular NZ waterfoul in abundance.

Making some bread for my host right about now. Everyone I am staying with is being forced to love my bread (doesnt take much pursuasion). So I had better tend to it. Woot!

This is where I got to live for a …
This is where I got to live for a…
Levin