Philadelphia Travel Blog

Here it is, the travel blog which will follow Lauren and Chris across the country while they raise money for CancerCare

CancerCare is proud to lend support to this event.  In the US alone, cancer accounts for 1 in every 4 deaths with over 1.4 million people being diagnosed each year.  The 3,000 mile journey from Philadelphia to Portland is in honor of Lauren’s grandfather, Anthony, who is currently undergoing treatment for Gastrointestinal Stomach Cancer.

My name is Yelena.  I work for CancerCare and was so very excited when Lauren reached out to me in hopes of naming our organization the beneficiary of their bike tour.  Since then, we've been collaborating to create a successful event.  As I'll be in touch with Lauren and Chris throughout their journey, which kicks-off from Philadelphia on June 20th, I'll be keeping a thorough log of what's going on with them, hopefully enticing support from our clients and staff alike...and obviously from all of you!  So stay tuned, pass on the word to friends and family, and support Lauren and Chris!

CancerCare was founded in 1944.  Since then, CancerCare has been at the forefront of providing comprehensive services - counseling, education, financial assistance and practical help - free of charge to people with cancer and their loved ones.  In 2008, we helped over 100,000 people in over 85% of the counties throughout the US, disbursing nearly $4.1 million in financial assistance to 21,000 families.  In addition, over 81% of CancerCare’s spending was directed to programs and services for our clients.

On behalf of the individuals, families and children who turn to CancerCare for help, I thank you for your generosity.

photo by: Ann_Hells