The always-painful trip home

Philadelphia Travel Blog

Yuck, beam me home, Scotty! We had breakfast and were in town before 10. There was only one ship in town so Simon had told me I'd have no problem parking in the municipal lot. He was wrong. After searching in vain for a spot, I told the gang I'd meet them at Bobby's Jewelry Store, drove alone to the Yacht Haven Grande lot, and walked back. After a bit of shopping we took a cab to the car and the car to Havensight Mall to look around a bit, then headed for the airport.

The airport was a zoo and very confusing. Tickets, customs/immigration, drop off the checked luggage, security... ugh! Lines were horrible including the one for lunch but when I looked later, all the lines had disappeared. We took off on schedule at 3:00. We had good seats on a 767 and the flight was not full so the flight home was at least bearable. At PHL, we had to walk a zillion miles to the baggage claim but the bags were coming off when we got there. We parted ways at the Sheraton and headed home. Lin and I stopped for dinner at P. F. Chang’s in Plymouth Meeting. The meal was excellent but we were too whipped to enjoy it. Got home at 11:00 and collapsed.

pbug31 says:
funny how you go away to relax but seems you come home so exhausted. lol
Posted on: Oct 08, 2009