The Resort & Paradise Peak

Saint Thomas Travel Blog

Noah & Steve

I was up at 7 and read on the balcony 'til about 8:30 when Lin got up and we were off for breakfast. Steve and gang were already seated in the Lobster Grill so we joined them. Noah's mission after breakfast was a 3-wheeler ride so he and Steve did that while Krista and I took pictures. He then wanted to learn to snorkel so I grabbed my gear and went with Noah to the dive shack to get his. Though he’d never snorkeled before, he picked it up very quickly and off we went. Krista got gear and Steve used mine so while the three of them were snorkeling, I got a sea kayak and acted as a safety boat. Krista and Noah soon tired of it so Noah climbed on with me and we both went with Steve while he headed to the reef where he saw a big turtle.

Eventually we returned the gear, ate at Iggy's and headed for town.

From Paradise Peak
Warned about the lack of parking in town, I parked at the lot at Yacht Haven Grande and we started to walk to town. Unfortunately it was a long walk so when a cab/truck came along, we were delighted. I beat the woman down from $4 to $3 per person, then paid the original price anyway just because she was so nice. The bad news was that almost every store was closed or closing even though there were 2 ships in town.

After walking around a bit, we caught a cab to the sky ride to Paradise Peak. At the top, we had a drink and watched an absolutely incredible bird show before heading back to the car. It must be said that Yacht Haven Grande is a place you have to see. The "Mega Yachts" there are absolutely beyond comprehension.

Lin and I read by the pool for a while but eventually she went up to sleep while I read on. Dinner was again at the Lobster Grill. I had the same appetizer and salad but then Paradise Chicken. The appetizer was especially notable.

Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Lots of chairs available!
Lots of chairs available!
Steve & Linda