Coral World & Magan's Bay

Saint Thomas Travel Blog

Coral World

I got up at 7:30 but we didn’t get to breakfast until about 9:00. The kids had already eaten. I needed sunscreen and deodorant and that turned out to be fortunate since, though it was expensive it saved us a lot of money. The store clerk, Varnita, is also the "Vacation Manager". She asked where we were going and I said the Coral World aquarium. She gave us coupons that saved us $14 on admission and $33.00 on drinks!! I’d spent less then $21 in the store! Coral World was actually quite nice as well as educational and Noah had a good time. Leaving there, my GPS guided us to Magan's Bay, an absolutely stunning beach. Fortunately, there was no parking near the entrance and restaurant so we had to drive SW about 1/2 the length of the beach. I say fortunately since, in the end, we found both ample parking and uncrowded sand.

Magan's Bay
We did walk to the restaurant for lunch and the adjacent section of beach was an absolute zoo! That’s obviously where the people from the cruise ships congregate.

After eating we retreated to our uncrowded area of absolutely perfect beach. The water was just a tad cool but refreshing and the sand was fine and smooth. We'd found a picnic table under the mangroves so Lin sat there while the rest of us laid on the sand. Eventually the cruise crowds headed for their ships and by 4:30, the beach was almost deserted.

Driving back was a real treat especially because we hit town at rush hour. By the time we arrived at the hotel, the weekly Manager’s Cocktail Party was in full swing. Honestly, it was disappointing. The appetizers were pretty lame; only spinach puffs, tortillas and guacamole. OK, the rum punch was free but we were on an all-inclusive deal so all drinks were always free!

We learned that the Lobster Grill would be closed for dinner for the rest of our visit so we had to eat at Iggy's, a distant second-best. Erin was a great waitress but the menu was limited, the food only fair and, by the time we left, the noise intolerable. I finally had to get out of there so Lin, Noah and I left while Steve and Krista stayed behind to sign the check.

Noah
Noah
Krista
Krista
Yet another iguana
Yet another iguana
How many can you count?  Look care…
How many can you count? Look car…
And another..