The new 8th wonder of the world??

Puerto Iguazu Travel Blog

Got into Puerto Iguacu at around 11am and wanted to find somewhere to stay....my organised nature has gone completely out of the window and yet aagain I was turning up somewhere with no idea where I was going to stay....come on Sadler, pull yourself together!! Got harrassed into seeing one hostel with someone from the bus terminal - it looked ok but the other people staying there looked dodgy when I was walking around, so I passed that one up! Decided to head to the Hostel Iguacu Falls (HI) in town.

After dumping my bags (and not having a shower as I had a soaking wet towel still and there was no hot water....not a good combination!), I checked my emails (and had a conversation with someone back home that upset my slightly) and  then headed out to the Falls.  It's eaasy to get to - a bus from the terminal takes you straight there for A$5 (£1).  Again, the Lonely Planet was wrong about the cost of the entry to the Falls.  Foreigners pay A$60 which is about £15.  Not to say that's it is not worth it though - I had an awesome day and the Falls are truly spectacular -  cannot wait to do a helicopter ride over them on the Brazilian side.  The 'Garganta del Diablo' is absolutely amazing - I've never seen anything like it my life -  the noise, the amount of water...wow!!  Plenty else to see and could occupy about 4-5 hours there I think quite easily.  Looking forward to seeing the Brazilian side in the coming days....

Puerto Iguazu