Cookie catch up

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

I couldn't fly direct from Salta to El Calafate and had to go via Buenos Aires (flight total £192 with LAN Argentina), which meant a stop over as my connecting flight wasn't until the following morning.  I had been in contact with Jason who I met in Huaraz, Peru and he had just set himself up in BA to spend some time chilling out and working.  So we arranged to meet up and he very kindly let me crash on his sofa bed in his very nice appartment in Palermo, BA.  It was already 9.30pm by the time my flight got in and the taxi driver had finally made his way round the one-way system (not sure if he deliberately got lost or not!!), and I had to be up at 4am to get my 5.40am flight to El Calafate, but it was enough time to have a catch up beer and stay up chatting to J.  We have very similar views and taste in music and we talked about our plans for the next few months.  Cookie's planning another big trip next year, and I still some time to fill after I finish this trip, so who knows we may even end up meeting somewhere else in the world....travelling is a funny thing, you have a habit of bumping  into people in the most random places!!

So after 3 hours sleep, I was up and back on my way to the airport, excited about the thought of setting foot in Patagonia!