Cable guy

Trujillo Travel Blog

After a leisurely morning and lunch with Rob, I set off for Trujillo (S.1.50/25p on collectivo bus) to start making my way to Huaraz.  I didn't want to stay in Trujillo as I could feel my own time pressures, so I just went in for an afternoon to look round.  And its fair to say its an OK place.  I booked myself on the Movils Tours 8pm bus (economico service S.35/£7/$11) and then walked into town in the vain hope of trying to find a replacement charging cable for my laptop.  after a taking a few pictures in the main town square (actually quite nice), I was set off on what turned out to a wild goose chase.  I visited at least 15 computer/electronic shops, each one giving me the address of another who would surely have the elusive cable.  But alas, no, they bloody well didn't.  At about 5.30pm, I gave up and to console myself went for chicken.  I made a bad choice, going for Norkeys, which was like an expensive, crap KFC.  Yuk.  Still, I made the bus with plenty of time to spare, and with leg room sufficient only for a hamster, I suffered my way through the night til I arrived in the mountains, and Huaraz.
photo by: Paulovic