The daunting first day!!

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

So here it is, the first day on this year long trip and the start of 5 months in South America.  There were some sad goodbyes in England - it will be really difficult leaving some people behind - they know who they are.  The flight from London was on time and as expected - economy doesn't allow miuch room so there wasn't much sleeping to be done (unless you're old as those people seem to be able to sleep through anything in any state of discomfort), so felt pretty jaded when we finally got to BA 16 hours later (we had a stop in Sao Paolo on route).

In hindsight getting the local bus #8 may not have been the greatest choice - it was only 2 pesos (40p), but it did take a massive 2 hours to go 35km.  Oh well, I wanted to do things the local way wherever possible and I got to see a fair bit of the city on route!  Although, only after the bus driver had done his best to welcome me to BA by shutting the doors on me as I got on - yeah, cheers for that, just what I needed.  He had about three attempts at it, he clearly didn't want me on there!!  I was little bit keen getting off the bus and did it about 1 mile early meaning I had a bit of a trek to the Millhouse Hostel where I'm staying.  seems like a fairly happening place - there's plenty of mention of 'party' and everyone in the hostel looks like a zombie, so I'm guessing it was a good night last night - let's see how tonight goes....

sarahsan says:
Hi again! I was just thinking, if you don‛t have a fixed plan for Argentina you might want to check out a website an argentinean friend of mine made. May be you can get some ideas of what to see and where to go:
sarahsan says:
Congrats on your featured review! Happy travels in South America. It‛s a fantastic continent! Looking forward to more reviews and blogs from you!
montecarlostar says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Buenos Aires Hostels review
Party, party, party!
The Milhouse is THE place to stay in BA - great place to meet people as it is a young(ish) crowd and plenty of people around to chat to. Facilities… read entire review