Nazca Lines - Nazca Peru - April 30 2009 - Good times.

Nazca Travel Blog

Peru � Adventures

Day 7 � Nazca � Nazca Lines cemetery

Today is start of another day. The night before we went for a great dinner at one restaurant. I had some pasta and it was amazing. Others in-group had pasta as well and some had pizza. However, 3 of them are sick this morning, AGAIN. Weak stomachs, at this point, I no longer care who gets sick as I am here on my own interest and the food is going well for me. No problems. Peru food is good food.

Anyhow, to start the day we head off to a great cemetery out in the country. Have fully preserved mummies from the early eras of Peru. It is totally amazing area. So many great gravesites, at this point I feel I should have been born a geologist or something as I find this area completely fascinating.

Many of the mummies still have their hair preserved and are sitting in perfect positions.

mummies!

I highly recommend you all to come and check this out.

Then we are off for a brief gold mining demonstration.

Then the big moment of the day. We finally get to see the world famous Nazca lines from the air. We go to the airport and board our Cessna plane. First time in a Cessna so this should be a great adventure.

We are up in the air and going over the Nazca lines. At the point we get to the lines, the pilot dips the plane to the side so people on each side and get the full view of the lines, like riding a roller coaster. Get to go over the entire area and see each figure and create my own theory of how they were all formed. A big mystery. To that time my tell. I would tell you the entire history on them but that will take many pages and I will let you all read and research this amazing site in world history.

Afterwards we go for lunch and have some great chicken at a restaurant just down the street from hotel.

gold mining
Wash it all down with some great Inka cola, which totally hits the spot.

We sit in hotel for  many hours as we have to board our night bus tonight to get to Arequipa.

We go and board the bus at 10 pm tonight, it�s a great bus, sleep bus, seats recline and you get a meal on board. Good bus ride all through the night on route to Arequipa.

Stay tuned for Arequipa in my next blog.

Feel free to email me on what you think so far of this blog. thanks

View more information at my travel blog "Exciting World Travel" at www.excitingworldtravels.com

getting ready to fly
getting ready to fly
nazca lines
nazca lines
Nazca Hotels & Accommodations review
Good Overnight Stay When in Town to see the Lines!
Good hotel to stay at. It is located in Nazca, Peru at 166 Lima St. Good place to stay, if you are in town to view the Nazca Lines. This hotel w… read entire review
Nazca